lin

Ms. Wonson Goes to Kenya!

Thoughts on and photos from one teacher's adventures with Earthwatch.

April 23, 2006

"Meeting" Fellow Travelers

I needed a break from grading World Tour rough drafts, so I thought I would write about how I have heard from some of my fellow travelers by email this week. I have had emails from 2 other Massachusetts teachers who will be on the trip with me in July. Liz Crane teaches high school biology in Brookline and Cheryl Sanderson teachers third grade in Lynnfield. It makes it a little less nervewracking to go into this having a bit of an acquaintance with some of the other people on the expedition, even though I'm usually pretty good at meeting new people. We're hoping to meet before we all head to Kenya, and we are making plans to eat at the famous Carnivore restaurant on the night that we return to Nairobi (the capital of Kenya) from Samburu. The Carnivore has been named one of the top 50 restaurants in the world, and it sounds really amazing. I have been wanting to eat there ever since I started researching Kenya in February. Actually, it was this picture that made me want to eat there:

I came across this on a travel website (http://www.world66.com/africa/kenya/nairobi/eatingout/carnivore) and thought it sounded like fun. I'm really glad that I won't have to be eating there alone! There is something about the idea of eating meat cut off of Maasai spears that just sounds really cool! You can see the official restaurant website at http://www.tamarind.co.ke/carnivore/index.php if you want more information. I'll let you know how it was when I come back...hopefully I'll have some interesting stories about trying meats like giraffe or crocodile!

1 Comments:

At May 29, 2006 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Wonson! Don't you dare think about eating giraffes! They're like, my spirit animals. <<; Don't ask.

But anyways, don't eat them! If you want to eat crocodile, go ahead, though. I've heard it's chewy ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home