lin

Ms. Wonson Goes to Kenya!

Thoughts on and photos from one teacher's adventures with Earthwatch.

August 27, 2006

TeachLive! from Wamba

A group of teachers from New Jersey is currently in Wamba with Earthwatch, and they are participating in the TeachLive! program that allows them to have access to a satellite phone and laptop that will help them get information to students back in the US while they are still there. (I would have liked to do that, but it wouldn't really have worked since it was summer vacation!) There site has information about the programs they are working on: Grevy's Zebras and Wildlife Habitats. You can check it out at http://www.salemnj.org/brown/index.shtml. I wish I could get cool music on my site like they have! I was very pleased and honored to discover that they included my blog in their list of resources for teachers.

Good luck to everyone out there as the start of the school year approaches!

2 Comments:

At December 24, 2006 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, great site, I found a lot of useful information here, thanks a lot for Your work!
With the best regards!
David

 
At March 03, 2007 6:36 PM, Blogger Teacher2323 said...

I am a 4th grade teacher from Miami who is planning to take the same Earthwatch trip this July (2007). I would love to know more about your experience, if you have the time.

Thank you!
teacher2323@bellsouth.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home