lin

Ms. Wonson Goes to Kenya!

Thoughts on and photos from one teacher's adventures with Earthwatch.

August 05, 2006

My friend Pete's pictures

My friend Pete took some really great pictures during our trip, so I wanted to share a few of them with you. I hope he doesn't mind! This seems to be all that will fit in the post for now, but there were a LOT more that I really liked. The one to the left is a Common Zebra in Nairobi National Park.

A Samburu child with donkeys beside the Ewaso Ngiro river. The donkeys are rigged up for carrying things, so probably they were at the river fetching water to be used in the manyatta.












Giraffe watching us from behind a tree at the Samburu National Reserve.












Lioness at Nairobi National Park. This was how she was when we found her. When we arrived, she stood up and very calmly walked right past my window.











Lioness in Samburu National Reserve. This is the one that was resting right near herds of impalas and Grant's gazelles.












Me, Mercy, and a cow outside a store in Wamba. The cow didn't stick around long enough for a second picture with my camera.












Me and Jordana doing water sample work at the Ewaso Ngiro. I was in charge that day of keeping records about things like water temperature, water color, air temperature, relative humidity, etc. Jordana is holding the pole that we used to get water samples if we couldn't get right to the very edge of the river or well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home