lin

Ms. Wonson Goes to Kenya!

Thoughts on and photos from one teacher's adventures with Earthwatch.

August 03, 2006

Another Samburu video

I was just checking out YouTube.com again to decide whether I should post my own short videos there. I came across a video about the CRI project in Wamba. It seems to be professionally done, explaining the Earthwatch CRI goals, the challenges in the region, etc. It has some really great views of animals, of Wamba, etc. You can check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNXxA2X4PcU&mode=related&search= if you'd like to see it. I think it provides a pretty good overview of what Earthwatch is trying to do in Samburu. When you watch it, though, keep in mind that it's been a couple of months since the rainy season, and they've come up with a solution to the washed out road. I didn't have to jump the river like the volunteers arriving in the video did!

I still haven't decided about posting my own videos to YouTube, but I'll let you know!

2 Comments:

At August 04, 2006 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heyo, Ms. Wonson. Glad you're back! I'm...kind of too lazy to read the whole record of your travels right now, though I'm sure it was exciting. Mm, I'll probably read a few sentences everyday till it's back to school. I'm kind of overloaded with art stuff these days, gah. x___X Need more time!

It'd be excellent if you uploaded your videos on Youtube. I go on there all the time, and it'd probably be faster than reading the entire journal at once. ^____^;

Elizabeth told me you're going to come back for the Adventure Club trips at school. Hope to see you there!

 
At August 05, 2006 3:16 PM, Blogger Ms. Wonson said...

Hi Kaitlin!

Thanks for checking out the blog! I know the journal post is really long...I just couldn't bring myself to edit too much of it out because I wanted to give everyone the full picture. The post before it, with my "Things I Learned in Kenya" list, gives a good overview of some of the highlights without having to read the full thing! Or the picture site (http://wonsonkenya.shutterfly.com) is good for an overview, too, as it has short captions for most of the pictures. But I will definitely try to get the videos up on YouTube shortly; they're not very long, just a couple of short clips from the wedding we went to and a school visit when some of the kids sang to us, but they'd give you an idea.

I'm definitely going to try to come back for some Adventure Club trips, so hopefully I'll see you this fall!

Good to hear from you! Enjoy the rest of your summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home