lin

Ms. Wonson Goes to Kenya!

Thoughts on and photos from one teacher's adventures with Earthwatch.

May 14, 2008

Globe Trekker goes to Samburu!

In case any of my former students are still checking in, I had to share my surprise as I watched a show that they will (I hope) remember. Glober Trekker was a show that I used frequently in my classes, and I still enjoy it now that I am no longer teaching. Imagine my surprise when tonight's episode in Kenya and Niger focused on the Samburu people! I am so excited to see a different look at the region and people I so enjoyed when I visited Kenya with Earthwatch. I'm pretty sure I even recognized one green area in the middle of a laga!

The show also visited Lewa Downs, where some of the Earthwatch expeditions in Kenya work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home