lin

Ms. Wonson Goes to Kenya!

Thoughts on and photos from one teacher's adventures with Earthwatch.

June 30, 2006

Online Videos

It's amazing the things you can find on the Internet! I'm stuck close to home today, at least until my Kenyan shillings are delivered (I can't miss that!), so I was just playing around online a bit. I had seen a segment about YouTube.com on the Today show recently, so I thought I'd check it out. Just to see what I'd get, I looked at the Travel & Places section and searched for Kenya. Who would have thought there'd be a video related to my trip?! The video "Moran: Samburu Warrior" is not of the best quality, but it gives you a little bit of a look at the local people where I will be, and the region as well. You can find it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUcWG9zwydU. If you follow the Samburu tag link, there is another video about elephant watching, but it seems to be primarily an advertisement for a safari company. It has some cool music, but it doesn't show much of what I am likely to see.

In the Samburu warrior video, you may notice that the warrior is wearing some beautiful bracelets. Cheryl showed Liz and me pictures of those on Wednesday, and told us that the men make those bracelets to give to their wives to show that the women are taken. Apparently if a woman accepts a bracelet from a man, it means she is his wife. Note to self: Do NOT accept the gift of a bracelet!

1 Comments:

At July 03, 2006 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

xDDD

I would have laughed my head off if you had come back wearing one of those bracelets. You'd be like, a runaway bride and your husband would come and hunt you down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home